View Single Post
      06-22-2016, 03:27 PM   #28
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 CP with lots of carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon H View Post
My view of the comp pack is, and ive only driven it once for a 10 minute period, is that it felt firmer on the suspension, but was more compliant, in that it took square edged bumps better, ie it soaked up more of the bad stuff, compared to my 2015 standard car. I wonder if these chaps are noticing this also, but are saying that its just comfier ?.
Interesting. When was your car built? People have reported that damper settings have improved after software updates and I'm wondering whether this is the case. i think BMW have updated the suspension software - would explain everything (along with reports of Cutters after update of massively improved damper performance).

What people need to understand is that I drove a brand new 16 car - we know that they have updated them. The point of this was not to compare older cars with the CP but a new one.
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 0