View Single Post
      07-08-2015, 08:57 AM   #77
mikex25
Major
Rep
Drives: Grey thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egrunt
No tint for me in California. I retired from the Marine Corps over 10 years ago and I still remember sitting through a holiday safety brief at my unit and the CHP was giving a DUI / driver safety presentation. One of the questions asked to the CHP officer was about the legal limit of window tint. The Officer stated no window tint on the front windows is allowed. The Officer had a device that measured VLT and after the presentation we went to the parking lot and measured the VLT on a few vehicles with no tint. My car (96 Corvette with no tint) measured a 72% VLT with stock glass, the stock glass had a very light blue color to it. I researched CVC 26708 and found the following: The tinting material itself must have a VLT of at least 88% and when combined with the factory glazing, the VLT must not be less than 70%.
Most people that tint their windshield go for around 70% which to the naked eye is hard to tell due to sun's glare and I doubt a cop pulling someone over would have that machine.
Appreciate 0