Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Funny, I have always seen the M3 as the "top" ///M model. Not from a price perspective but from a "motorsprt" perspective. With the M5 being a luxo bahn stormer and the M3 being a multi purpose car with very good track abilities. I guess it is a question of perspective; since I prefer the M3 niche, I might be biased . Anyway, to me, they are different cars that fill different needs.
I agree completely with you, but in the general public, people always tend to think of the M5 as the top dog. The one you dream about owning. I could get one, but it's just not for me.

Hmmm, an interesting perspective. The general public doesn't seem to have that sentiment where I'm from, but I always enjoy hearing about car perspectives from different areas (e.g., some people on this forum from Los Angeles say M3s are extremely common, whereas in my area I see plenty of 911s but I'm lucky to ever see another M3).

I've personally never put the two cars in the same category--the M3 has been "top dog" for the small (relative, especially as the years have passed) sporty--with some luxury--coupe, and the M5 has been "top dog" for the full-sized luxury--with power and good handling--sedan.
Appreciate 0