12-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #323
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin* View Post
I'm not really sure I like the aesthetic changes of the new Mustang. Just like I'm not really sure I really like the aesthetic changes of the M cars either. New modesls of cars I like usually have to be in production a couple of years for me to warm up to them. The problem I have with the new mustang thus far is; to me, it appears they've attempted to copy too many different cars. In the profile picture on the first page of this thread it resembles a 911 shape to me. In the video above it reminds me of a GTR shape in the front end. Look at the overall shape of the two grilles on the mustang above. Imagine if the center section of bumper wasn't there (I know it is). Doesn't thank resemble the huge GTR grille? A black mustang would certainly look that way from a distance where it would be somewhat difficult to discern the bumper from the grilles. I for one do not really like when auto manufacturers attempt to copy design cues from other popular cars in order to try to grab some of the other cars market. I think they should be original and design for themselves. Besides, no mustang will ever truly grab any significant market from M3, 911, or GTR buyers.
My response to this is that the Mustang GT is a car so it's going to look like one.
Appreciate 0