View Single Post
      02-15-2016, 10:47 PM   #15
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe View Post
I haven't thought about changing brake pads but I do love a clean wheel. Are these the all around best ceramic pads for our cars? It's a pretty inexpensive option though I don't know what it will cost to have them put on my an Auto shop, hopefully not more than $50. I'll call a few places before ordering, just wanted to know if there were so other options. My car is a lease so as long as the sensors work and they won't wear out under normal driving in 20k miles.

Edit: I've got quotes from $150-450(BMW dealer) for install. I don't really feel comfortable changing them myself even though it looks relatively simply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosef View Post
Not surprised. It's not an insignificant amount of work. With a 4 post lift though, should be a 1-hr job. Probably 3 hours if it's your first time. It's easier than you might think. If you have the tools, you should go it alone, Hoss.
It's actually quite easy to change the pads. Only took me about half an hour. In a nut shell, you just have to remove the 2 pins and the pads just slide out. With a 4 post lift, the pad swap would probably take 20 min or less. But I understand the trepidation.
Appreciate 1