09-10-2019, 08:29 AM   #5
TheBreeze
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by F3IGHTY View Post
Couple degrees, but if you’re running wider wheels you don’t get the fender clearance that comes with camber plates.

You’ll also be gaining caster with no way of dialing it out (or trimming left to right) by exclusively running just FLCAs as you camber adjustment.
From what I've gathered here, the F80 stock is about -1.4* of camber. I'd like to get it to -2.4 or so. That's what I have on my e92 m3 and it's a good compromise for street/hpde that doesn't eat tires. I know I give up a little bit not having a dedicated track alignment, but life is all about compromises, and I'm not racing for a living, so I like to keep things simple. When you say it adds caster, how much are we talking about if I add 1* of camber? More caster should just make it track straighter and increase steering effort right?

I really hate the thought of streeting noisy adjustable camber plates. I hate road noise and vibration transferred into the cabin, which is why I used the Dinan fixed plates on my e92. They added zero noise and gave me what I wanted in extra camber.