12-23-2013, 09:00 PM   #135
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Earl View Post
Forgot to mention this in my previous post, how anyone goes from an M3 to a 335 is also beyond me, unless its for financial reasons. Whatever you say, and this has been beaten to death in this forum for years, M3 is a better car and I don't see how anyone would sell an M3 to get into a 335. Maybe they sold a coupe and needed a sedan but couldnt find one in M3, I don't know. Go post your views on the M3 forum and then I guess you can call the entire forum elitist and silly for disagreeing.

It's really simple Earl.....

....sometimes peoples needs change. Sometimes the better car (..depending on how you define 'better' in any given moment) isn't the most practical or useful car. Maybe they have grown disenchanted with their ///M cars. Maybe they are just 'over' sporty cars in general and want something more comfortable. In my case there wasn't an F80 ///M3 to buy at the time, so I chose the 335i to hold me over. We could speculate all day long, but the bottom line is that people get tired of fine automobiles all of the time. I often wonder how somebody could give up a Porsche GT3, but it happens. With the amount of used ///M3's available for an individual to buy these days, I'm surprised that you're not giving yourself an aneurysm when you see an ///M3 on a used car lot. You've romanticized the car to death.

I'll present a similar analogy to you that I presented to Ezio in another thread............an analogy easy to comprehend, even for somebody like you who finds comprehension difficult......

....There are people who get tired of fucking supermodels - I know! Hard to fathom right!? - and end up with a 'girl next door'. Sure the girl next door may not provide the same visceral excitement in bed that the supermodel once did, but she provides something that better fits your needs as your needs and perspectives change (...and to take it to the furthest end of the spectrum....why do people tend to cheat with somebody who is worse looking than the person that they are with? Odd, isn't it?). Show me a hot chick, and I'll show you somebody who's tired of fucking her. That's a verifiable certainty!

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 12-23-2013 at 09:16 PM..
Appreciate 0