View Single Post
      12-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #124
tinman831
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Earl View Post
Again, thats my point. All these "I'm drooling" childish teenager posts about the new car all the time is what makes people like me and Ezio come here and ask questions. Questions most of those people don't even bother thinking about.

I have said quite positive things about the sedan. I said i want to buy it, i like interior and exterior, the brakes and so on.

But then there are obvious things that bmw does not want you to see and for some reason i am getting flamed for pointing them out.

They chose n55 over s65 for cost cutting. If they spent the same r&d they did 6 years this time on s65, they could have come up with a magnificant car. The 25% mpg difference is BS argument for S55. They could have improved the S65 to maybe 15-20% levels and the difference wouldnt hurt their "fleet" ratings as much. These are corporations that know nothing but greed. We need to get that straight and accept it.

The weight savings they keep mentioning is insignificant. The electronic steering is another obvious cost savings measure.

Not to mention, the farting exhaust and the dull sounding engine is nothing like what we are used to right now.

Lastly, and please pay attention to this one, I said many times, "let's accept the current car and the new car as they are with their flaws as they are, stop fighting, and move on". Lets talk about handling and the impact of eps or how they managed those numbers with same bore stroke or how durable this engine will be. Will it require 1200 mile service or the same oil or will it be okay with the same treatment as a N55? What about CCBs, are they waste of money if you are not tracking your car? Let's have a productive conversation.
How are you able to have an intelligent discussion on BMW R&D and engine performance yet you say you don't know how to jack up a car? Are you messing with us?
Appreciate 0