View Single Post
      12-23-2013, 07:19 PM   #128
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Earl View Post
I don't assume too much. I said this before, you are exception. Exceptions don't change general rules of thumb. There are hardly any people here in this very F80/F82 M3/M4 forum, who has owned an M3, and downgraded to a lesser car. There may be more in the world, but in this particular forum, who is actively posting, you are probably the only one. Why is this so hard to understand?

I drive an M3, to the owners of a Ferrari, it's a piece of sh!t BMW. I can't just go to Ferrari forums and start posting my opinion in a whole bunch of threads just because that's what I think. I guess I could, but I wouldn't, it's not right. I am never going to own a 300k Ferrari, I have no plans to own one, thus, my opinion is invalid.

Same goes here, for you, again, you are an exception, you owned an M3 and you are planning to buy the new car, a salute to you. But then there are a ton of people, let me repeat, A TON, who just want to shoot the shit, who drive a 128 or a Lexus, they just come here to post for no particular reason. I could care less what they think and frankly their opinion in the matter will inadvertently mislead future M3/M4 buyers. That's what I have been complaining about.

Obviously it's a free world and freedom of speech is what we all take advantage of, but that's not my point.
I'm naturally very egalitarian. I'm genuinely interested in the opinions of many on various topics on this forum and across Bimmerpost.

I do believe that you have a valid point though. There is some weight to be granted to those who are seriously considering this car and are in the demography for this particular market. I came out of a C63 and into my E92. My lease is up mid summer and I am extremely interested in the F8x and cars along the same niche. I will definitely bend my ear more to those of you who might actually get this car or one along the same lines.

I'm up for chatting with any of you though. I just love fun cars.
Appreciate 0