View Single Post
      06-13-2016, 12:42 AM   #21
XsltAnalyst
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80, 957 Cayenne

Day 15: Getting the car serviced in Munich and taking it to VMAX

Today I had an appointment in Munich to get the car serviced for the first time. They changed the engine oil and the rear differential fluid. It only took about 90 minutes. While they serviced the car, I walked around the dealership showroom, bought some car care supplies and ate some food at the cafe.

Dealership Info:
BMW Niederlassung München, Frankfurter Ring 35, 80807 München, Germany
Phone:+49 89 353510

This place is less than 2 miles from BMW Welt.
When I was searching for a place to get the car serviced, few en route (from Innsbruck to Nurburg) dealerships I've called could only schedule me after 1-2 weeks, but I needed within few days since it was already overdue. I figured there should be a dealership near where I picked up the car, and I was right.
I called them on a Saturday, and they put me for an appointment on Monday afternoon. Super!

After I got my car back, I headed back to Ulm. Then washed the car and bought some food from a supermarket.

By the way, I was really regretting not bringing the rainx with me to treat the windows. It's been raining almost everyday and I hate untreated windows. Tried asking around and they didn't know what it was and kept pointing me towards washer fluid or window cleaner spray. Finally, after googling around, I found the ATU is the equivalent of autozone in Deutschland, and Rain Clear gel is the stuff I needed. There is a ATU store near Leonardo Royal Hotel in Munich btw.

So I applied that Rain Clear gel and had much improved visibility even in the downpour in my Nordschleife - Nürburgring laps

Attached Images

Last edited by XsltAnalyst; 06-16-2016 at 01:55 PM..
Appreciate 2