Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
What are you getting?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Cayenne S looks like he mentioned it a few pages back
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
You should be able to get allocation but it would heavily depend on what trim you get.

Last time I checked, Porsche is directing more of their chips into SUVs because... well duh $$. A few weeks ago, I was at DTLA Porsche and their garage was literally packed full of Macans and Cayennes. Obviously far fewer 911, Cayman and Boxster. It was during that week when they got more deliveries and it was mainly the SUVs that were there. Funny enough, among all of them I saw like... 1 or 2 SUV in Red because... well its Red.

I would at least ask, and see if my prediction is correct. Regardless of how people see Porsche from an enthusiast standpoint, they still need to make the mainstream SUVs as that is most of Porsche's actual earnings. I would personally think, Macan, Macan S, Cayenne and Cayenne S wouldn't be too hard to get. The higher trims like GTS (Macan, Cayenne and Cayenne Coupe) would be way more difficult I think.

That is, admittingly an educated guess. I wouldn't be surprised if Porsche prioritize the Macans first though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
You're probably right - back in August when i was calling around all over the country, the Cayenne S and up was fairly non-existent and that includes with an intro from Nick Murray to his dealership ... had I waited I likely could've gotten an MSRP+ allocation, but just wasn't willing to pay MSRP or more for it, and there was no guarantee on timeline (which I also wasn't willing to deal with).

It probably comes down to how greedy the dealers are these days ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Boost View Post
Done and done. Winter weather vehicle capabilities are maxed out with this beast. You can rest easy I have fond memories of my '04 WRX fitted with Blizzaks, bitch could go anywhere. You have even more ground clearance though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
Just back from oversteering my way to Starbucks in the merc. Can't imagine why you don't want to take that up to Warroad mid-winter.
Here it is if curious, we are picking it up on Tuesday.

https://minneapolis.porschedealer.co...ab2ay0lda28827

Wife wants an SUV for other things as well but she definitely got tired of driving the F-150 if it was even a little slick out. She (and I) aren’t fans of parking that thing at Target or elsewhere all the time as it is a bit of a beast in tighter parking lots. Also (probably obvious) SUVs are definitely a bit more convenient for running a bunch of errands/picking stuff up in than a full size supercrew pickup. If I gotta have/drive one this isn’t bad obviously. I’m going to seriously miss the C63S though, it is a very fun/comfortable DD. I won’t miss driving it home in a blizzard like I did last year a couple of times. That got a little white knuckle at times but doable.

GrussGott, we were headed to Motorwerks next to check out an X5. But after she drove the Cayenne she didn’t want to anymore. We both are still a bit bitter how things ended with our longtime dealer (BMW of Minnetonka) and BMWNA over the whole M4 CS MPHAS thing. With their current advertising etc it feels like they really don’t care about long term customers at the dealership or corporate level. So I guess we’ll go this route and see how it goes.

Audi Q7 was another one we were going to look at seriously as well.
Appreciate 8
stein_325i25083.00
Sedan_Clan25022.00
CT_M31478.00
icegrill2078.00
swagon13518.00
GrussGott18152.00
FormulaMMM3662.50
Arcades8166.50