Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
But at the end of the day its gonna sell a s*** ton, as no one cares about handling or luxury anymore, its all about 0-60 times now.
great review, though I disagree with your final assessment because it's a functional assessment rather than an emotional one ...

When iPhones came out, a lot of people - like me - thought they were silly toys compared to real smart phones like Blackberrys, Danger, et al and doomed to failure; after all, blackberry's keyboard kicked ass and didn't need reinventing! Who the fuck is going to tolerate typing an email on a touchscreen?? That's just fucking stupid amiright? The iPhone was (and is) a functional disaster that feels more like a child's toy than a serious device for serious work.

So what happened? Why did a device so functionally inferior steamroll everyone?

Well, a few reasons but the biggest one IMO was young women. They LOVED the iPhone - very chic, very tech, very cool! And if you had one you inherited some of that tech cool. The blackberry was dorky & corporate. If you were single & wanted to have sex, best to get an iPhone.

Well, I'd say a Tesla is the 2022 iPhone.

(and, so far, BMW is tryin REAL hard to be blackberry ... Ford = Nokia, Porsche will fight Benz for Samsung, GM = Ericsson, Toyota = Motorola )
Oh I know they're the Apple of the car world, I don't deny that, and I don't hate Tesla, nor the Plaid, I just hate the Yoke, which I don't see a single benefit for, nor is it revolutionary in any positive way like how the Model 3 and Model S have revolutionized the industry, but rather a stupid attention seeking gimmick. This unfortunately will sell and then influence (sadly) other Teslas and vehicles on the road. I'm just saying I think people will buy this car despite its massive shortcomings because of the speed. I don't think I'm wrong either, Tesla was smart, they know that people love straight line cars and they've now created one that does it the best. I just wish they'd actually listen to negative feedback and offer options like a normal round wheel.
minn1914034.50
GrussGott18180.50