View Single Post
      09-10-2019, 06:08 PM   #146
mardibob
Private
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
i told them that my idrive was freezing from to time. the only way to unfreeze it was to turn the car off/on. of course they couldn't duplicate the issue, but they updated my idrive from nbtevo_j --> nbtevo_p.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianLurker View Post
Did they just go ahead and update you just by asking or did you have to have a complaint about something in order to cajole them into it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
i told them that my idrive was freezing from to time. the only way to unfreeze it was to turn the car off/on. of course they couldn't duplicate the issue, but they updated my idrive from nbtevo_j --> nbtevo_p.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianLurker View Post
Did they just go ahead and update you just by asking or did you have to have a complaint about something in order to cajole them into it?

So I did this when I took my car to the dealer. I figured it would just require a software update. When I got to the dealer they said they would have the master tech diagnosis it.... long story short yada yada yada... 5 days later they said they found the problem and replaced my head unit with a brand new one.

I'm curious what defect my head unit had but glad it got fixed under warranty. Either way rocking full screen apple car play ios13 style.

No idea why BMW wouldn't(or won't) make it full screen by default. Curious if new models have full screen CarPlay.
Appreciate 1