Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicane_ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicane_ View Post
Are you suggesting the new CSL won't be sold in the US market?
Americans don't know how good they had it when BMW allocated 300 GTS to the US. The result was a bunch of spoiled brats. I don't see the CSL happening for the US market.
I think it will. The market is hungry for hardcore pure ICE sports cars/sedans. They didn't appear to have any problems selling their allocations of the M5 CS for US and Canada. I predict similar pricing and production volume for the CSL.
Despite selling out in the US, GTS was not well received here unlike other parts of the world. BMW has made some bad decisions these days so who knows, maybe they will bring a CSL stateside but I wouldn't count on it. I believe this was a first and they learned their mistake.
It's a different market now. The current demand for track oriented ICE sports cars is very robust. Just look at the wait lists for the GT3 and GT4 RS. I realize Porsche is a different animal but I think the demand for a CSL in the US will be healthy. People are also seeing such cars hold value better than in the past so rightly or wrongly, they'll feel confident paying up for a CSL - particularly if it's a limited edition.

Also, BMW has been on a roll with the M2 CS and M5 CS models. Enthusiasts have extra faith in BMW to deliver a special product when they put their minds to it.
Appreciate 0