View Single Post
      12-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #141
bk_g80_m3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

I will definitely shop the new mustang. I think the car looks great and will be a performer.

It would be great to have a car with the performance of the m3 that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I track/autox my car and it's a lot easier mentally to thrash on a 40k car than it is a 70k car. The mustang aftermarket is so much better. You can get any part under the sun for a great deal. Go look up prices on BBKs for m3s vs mustangs.

That track pack with the recaro and brembos will be a better track car out of the box than the new m3 I bet. Unless the M engineers have figured out that it makes sense to put good brakes on a track ready car out of the box. I mean the e92 stock brakes are a joke.

The difference in the interior between the next mustang and m3 will be negligible. I recently had a service loaner 328. The interior was cheap as hell. The cheesey screen sticking out of the dash looks worse than modern toyotas. I think a lot of guys on this forum are blinded by badges. BMWs are great cars. I love my e90, that I got used but I could never justify paying 72k (original msrp) for this car it's just a joke. I could also never justify paying an arm and a leg for the next M3. Whereas the mustang is priced very aggressively.

Against ford I would say american car companies talk a big game but when it comes down to it they cheap out in significant ways. I find that people always have to make some excuse for American cars. As an American I sincerely hope the new stang wows me. I would happily buy the car and enjoy it.

I do think its nice that the mustang will be more common. Having driven nicer german cars for a while can be a pain in the ass. I has one of my cars pissed on, and had two others spit on. Not to mention the occasional shitty comments. I would suspect people wouldn't be as envious or negative toward a stang. That is nice too.

Also re affording an M3. Most people who have enough money to write a check for the M3 are likely to be frugal. That's how they got their money (and kept it) in the first place. As some other poster alluded to. Most people I know who could easily buy m3s rather get a good deal than have a brand/badge and bragging rights.
Appreciate 0