Patronus86
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is

Garage List
2013 335is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkhanna16 View Post
Don't ever compare the M4 to the gt3....ever..... COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CARS!
I totally agree with you. They are very different cars in terms of weight, handling, body setup, and many other factors.. That doesn't mean I can't compare them. I know the GT3 outperforms the current e92 m3, and who knows how the m4 will stack up against it. My only point was that for the probable price that you will pay for a m4, you get a well-designed v6 sports car that has similar hp and torque stats to those of the gt3. HP and torque dont give you the whole picture, and I know the gt3 has historically trumped the m3 on the track, but for everyday driver or even occasional track use, the m4 seems like a bargain when compared to the gt3.

Do you at least see my point there, or do you want to post another angry response in all caps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
there is a lot more to cars than there performance. also you look like a fool when you talk about only power numbers.

making big power is EASY! everything else is HARD

ferrari makes world class engines. there engines are all naturally aspirated making the power of engines that have twin turbos on them. its a insult to even compare a M6 to one.
Ezio, you are right, there is a lot more to cars than simple hp and torque stats. And yes, the ferrari 458's engine, though a v8, is different from the m6's. I know the 458 has a faster 0-60mph time, and though I haven't seen the f12 m6's nurburgring tracktime, I'd assume the ferrari 458 is faster due to the weight difference. So in terms of all around performance, the ferrari is better. All I am saying is that for much less money, the m6 offers similar performance to that of the ferrari...though not necessarily equal performance. That's what I meant when I said you get a lot more performance for your money with the m6.

If I had the option and money to buy a m6 for 113k or buy a ferrari 458 for 233k, I'd buy the m6, because the .6 sec faster 0-60 time and the faster nurburgring time isn't worth the extra 100k in my eyes. This isn't an insult to the ferrari, just my opinion.

Last edited by Patronus86; 12-25-2013 at 03:34 PM..
Appreciate 0