View Single Post
      03-23-2015, 04:50 PM   #97
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep
Drives: Incoming G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln30 View Post
I finally got my car. Here is what I came up with using an Audio Control RTA and pink noise from a CMAA test code (IASCA soaked them up in the early 1990's).
Thanks Lincoln! Amazing how relatively little adjustment the frequencies needed. I too am an audiophile and used to have and compete in competition car installs. My thoughts on the HK system is that it fairly well balanced for a "stock" system but lacking in power (and these speakers are not built to handle power, they are more "efficiency" and well matched it seems to the power available).

Other than the relative lack of power I tuned mine by some not very sensitive equipment anymore....my ears...and here's what I came up with (pics below). I listen to rock, pop, blues primarily. These were tuned using discs I'm used to listening to on my home reference system, so familiar with how I personally like them to sound. Also note that compressed music and music over BT will be a bit "boomier" as the lower mid range and bass gets sloppy. Also I need to turn off active sound...no need upgrading the stereo system with that pumping through. And yes...logic 7 sounded just slightly better to me on than off...

I tune with my eyes closed and start low to high frequencies. The Treble and Bass add a second curve to the EQ that tweaks multiple frequency ranges. Anyway this is what sounds good to me with the car off....test them out if you're bored...as I've aged I've preferred a less balanced frequency response preferring treble and bass to mid-range. Mid range really muddies detail (while containing some that's important), so I tune mid range just enough to "fill out" the music if you will, again thats my listening preference...and with rock, guitars quickly overwhelm the mid-ranges...

Last edited by Mr. Hankey; 03-23-2015 at 04:56 PM..
Appreciate 0