View Single Post
      10-03-2019, 06:28 PM   #19
TheGreatJ
Finland
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition Sport LE, M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitzna View Post
I have a 2015 F80 and updated the HU-NBT to the HU-EVO hardware from Bimmertech so I could run ID6. I kept the old iDrive controller and display. Although the old iDrive controller buttons do not match the current vehicles, the buttons provide the same functions as they did with the HU-NBT so there is no label confusion. I did lose communications because I did not update the telematics unit.

Everything works as advertised except one thing. The profile memories do not retain the M1 MDrive settings. It does work for the M2 button. So I programmed a radio button to take me to the M1 settings for when I need two MDrive buttons.

Bimmertech's suggestion was to reinstall the old HU-NBT and take the car to a dealer. First of all, this wasn't happening with the HU-NBT and second, the install is not something you just redo the next day. After all my research and coding attempts, I think there is some incompatibility between the HU-EVO communications to some of the other modules that causes this. Or Bimmertech sold me a defective HU-EVO.

Regardless, I am happy with the ID6 functions and having the same iDrive as the 2018 X3 M40i also in my garage.
Do you have any idea why are the M Drive settings (or buttons) affected at all by the change of a Head Unit? It's hard to see why they are interconnected in the first place...
Appreciate 0