Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by YMS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehifi View Post
Just toying around with the math, I would say you're estimate is pretty spot on, assuming a decent used 3 year old M4 is about ~$45k, here's what I came up with if you want something close to an M4 GT4:

ohlins ttx - $10k
ap racing brakes - $10k
GT4 control arms/links/bearings - $7k
m4 gt4 rims - $2.5k
m4 gt4 wing - $2.5k
m4 gt4 front lip - $10k
m4 gt4 canards - $2k
m4 gt4 cooling ducts - $2k
m4 gt4 exhaust $4k
m4 gt4 hood - $6k
m4 gt4 differential -$5k
m4 gt4 bumper - $3k
cage - $10k
seats - $10k
miscellaneous - $6k

~$90k

so add $45k+90k = $135k.

Not sure how you guys are making any money

There's no way this car will be streetable (please stop kidding yourselves), how many owners do you see driving their GT3RS around town? (without a full cage) Sure if you need to get it to a track it's tolerable, but something hardcore that you're building probably belongs on a trailer.

Here's a used M4GT4 for sale: $142k Euro, about $158k USD
slightly cheaper than a used GT3RS (they run about $160k USD)

http://www.motorsport-sales.com/inde...oducts_id=8665
Thanks for your input. The prices that you listed are much higher than what GT4 parts actually cost.

What is considered streetable is different for everyone. I used to daily drive a completely caged prerunner truck that could barely fit in a lane and I found it fine. I also know people who drive their cars around town with a full cage. If you were looking for something to be a on a trailer, why wouldn't you buy a formula car that can easily outperform 99.99% of cars with a roof and provide you with a better driving experience?
This I totally agree with. I tend to giggle at the assertion that something like a GT3(RS) isn't streetable for 100% of the population. I could totally daily a GT3 and be completely fine (...and so can the granny who I observe daily driving her GT3 on a regular basis; the same goes for the Asian chick driving a green RS around my city).

I can't wait to see what your Whittier outfit produces. I begin patrolling near there soon, so I'll stop by.
Appreciate 3
YMS255.50