View Single Post
      10-02-2015, 03:37 PM   #118
SF_DCT
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Porsche Cayenne S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocalDude
I leased a Maserati Ghibli SQ4 a year ago, fully loaded with an MSRP of over 94K. Having owned/leased many BMWs in the past, I though I would try something new. The Ghibli looks pretty nice from the outside. But that is all. The car is a piece of junk. The "upgraded sound system" was terrible. Just terrible. The front suspension would hit the ground when I went over speed bumps slowly. The interior was cheap. The exhaust sounded like a Honda with a broken muffler. The engine was sluggish. The transmission was clumsy. I got rid of the car within 3 months and got an M5. The M5 is a million times better. Fast. Great engine. Fantastic double-clutch transmission. The best heads-up display in the industry. The German cars are so much more refined and on the cutting edge of technology. I will never lease/buy another Maserati. The Ghibli does not even come close to touching the M3/M4. Don't let the Ghibli special deals fool you. Run for the hills!
Thanks for confirming my priors! I also went the M5 route and couldn't be happier.
Retired: 2008 Cayman S, Black/Black, 6MT
Retired: 2007 E92 328i, JB/Black, 6MT
Appreciate 0