12-09-2019, 05:17 PM   #33
wdskukm3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3 and Model P3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastdoc View Post
Good question. I'm not sure. I just need a daily driver. If I have a 1000hp GT-R for the weekends, I don't really need anything too crazy for a daily. I thought maybe a G20 M340i with a downpipe and tune. That would pretty much equal the performance of my M3. Another BMW option, lol, would be a Supra. I drove my friend's MKV Supra with a downpipe and tune, back to back with my M3, and it was faster. Fun car, and that B58 engine has an exhaust note that sounded so much better than the my M3. Not that practical though with only 2 seats so that may be a deal breaker. I tried to convince myself to get a Tesla Model 3 Performance but after test driving a few, it's a no go. Is it fast? Hell yes it is. Blows the M3 away. But I just go enjoyment out of driving a car that makes no noise and doesn't shift gears. It just doesn't feel like a car.

I had an S550 which was comfy but just too big. Like driving a yacht. A 3 series is more practical size wise. Speaking of totally impractical, I drove a friend's modified SVT Raptor. That's a bad ass truck. Way too big for the tight streets of LA but for some reason, it was fun. Plus, you can completely disregard speed bumps, curbs, or even small cars. You just drive right over them!
I have the Tesla Model 3 Performance. It definitely accelerates faster then the M3. I actually like how quiet the car drives and no gears to shift through. It's a very comfortable commuter. Really fast when you want it or just a normal car when you drive it.

You can always wait for that CyberTruck when that comes out in 2021. My deposit is already down for one.