01-26-2021, 12:17 AM   #3
jpy1980
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 -Smurfy Blue Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by R N M View Post
The interior and especially the seating position in the M2 is not as good as M3 to me. I also feel F80 looks a lot better.

If you can swing M2CS then i would make the switch.

GT350 would not be a good daily at all and overall build quality is not very good.

I would say hold on to your car and get either the G80 or next gen M2.

Another option is 911 but for $65k you would be looking at 997 or higher mileage/older 991s. They will not be as quick as F80 but more raw, tossable and fun to drive.
You know, I would totally get a used 991 and even bump up my budget, but my wife REALLY doesn't like the "snobbish" stigmatism that comes with owning a Porsche. Shes so odd.

Although I like the M2CS, and I think it will be a classic, I don't think I'll want to spend $85-$90k on it. Just put a lil bit more money on top and I can get a nicely used 991.1 GT3.

I really dislike the G80 and have stated how the front grill looks horrible, yet I guess the G82 in frozen black or black in manual would be OK. The next gen m2 will also have hideous taillights no?

Hmmm first world problems..

Just after I made this post, I flashed the BM3 91 octane Stage 1 tune (from the CS tune) and took my F80 out for a drive and was smitten all over again. haha. Sometimes, just going out and driving helps with dilemmas like this =)
Appreciate 0