04-23-2014, 05:32 PM   #156
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Same problem as above, the GTS was offered at a price of $150K... not a suitable price point for the class or for the largest market (USA).
A lot of that price was because of the limited production. If BMW had made another 1,000 units, I'm sure the price would have been a lot lower. BMW keeps saying it's too expensive to Federalize the cars here, but why is it Porsche can do it with all the niche models they come out with? How many Black Series does MB sell here? Why is it only BMW who can't seem to import these niche vehicles??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
BMW claims the S55 is 10kg lighter than the S65
Does that include turbos/intercoolers? Or is it more of BMW playing with the numbers??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I will ask a simpler question... in keeping with the NA motors, how could BMW have improved on the S65? Larger displacement? Honest question.
BMW could have used the 4.4 block/crank it already had, and added Direct Injection. Porsche's new engines are BEASTS with DI. This would also improved CO2 emissions by around 15% for most cars with DI. They could have made the internals lighter and increased the redline, or just gone all out and made a flat plane crank V8 and just WIN BIG!!!

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0