View Single Post
      12-11-2019, 12:37 PM   #79
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

To enjoy driving one must be driving and one is driving daily in something - I understand wanting a daily plus a more extreme car but in my experience the nutballs car just sits while you drive whatever compromised thing you've chosen for yourself. For people with the means, maybe that can be an M car daily plus a Huayra or a GT3 or a miata on the weekends, but for most people, it's not economical or practical for lots of reasons.

My choice is the '08 E90M that I have dailied since it was new and I will never sell it or stop driving it, I think it's the best car ever built at any price. It's bananas fun on track, perfectly comfortable every day, and above all, a great car to operate as a real actual human organism with feelings. But if all the E90M's vanished from the planet tomorrow, I'd be sad, and then I'd get an F80M. It's truly a near-perfect car, and for every downside vs. the E90M, there's an upside in usability, speed, etc. Now that we can look upon the whole model run, and compare it to its competition, it's clear BMW M hit a home run with the F80.

The F82, meh, fast coupes are everywhere. But the sedan is something special.

Last edited by Richbot; 12-11-2019 at 12:52 PM..
Appreciate 2