View Single Post
      05-02-2012, 02:00 PM   #88
FogCityM3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 (E90) & Porsche GT3 RS

It's about what the marketplace should be telling you and at least so far, the marketplace is saying something about both versions of the E9x M3s. Opinions are relevant inasmuch as they form a consensus relative to actual supply--any one person's opinion is irrelevant when taken outside of a consensus. So for one person who would only consider the 2-door may also be looking at 911 (which incidentally do hold their value more, because of consensus, ie a 911 is more highly demanded relative to supply than an M3). Ultimately the question as to the status of the current gen M3 will be answered in the next 5-10 yrs and after the new one comes out. If I'm wrong and the next gen will be some quantum leap, for any current gen M3 owner, don't think it matters much if their old gen is deemed as inferior, as they probably have the means/resources to buy the new one and move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calmwinds View Post
I for one would never buy an M3 sedan, it has the be the coupe. Kind of defeats the purpose. It doesn't have the carbon fiber roof and just doesn't look good at all. Might as well get a 335i sedan.

Sorry but if we're talking M3, we're talking E92....

ALso, the e90 m3 is much more rare because it's not the way to go when purchasing an M3. People buy the M3 coupe because it's better. It will not hold it's value and will be far from being a collector's car. If you're talking collectors, maybe the 1 series M but definitely not an E90 M3 lol
Appreciate 0