View Single Post
      12-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #242
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberm3 View Post

It's just disappointing that BMW M cars getting morphed in this transformation as well. Lighted ///M badges in the seats? Motor seems like a warmed over N54/N55 hybrid (queue all the US S50/52 haters). M exhaust flap - is that really a feature or EPA bandaid that turned into a sound manipulator to try recapture a unique lost attribute?

The narrowing gap between ///m and non-m means I'll be happy with taking ED on a 435i gran coupe or 335i to replace my daily E60 550 6MT sport and not be missing much. .
fortunately none of those things are true.

you should read in depth the technical data on the OP in this thread. the engine is NOT a warmed over n55. just because they are both turbocharged doesnt mean they are the same. the information explaining the VAST differences, and exaclty why the s55 is so different in superior is plastered all over this forum for anyone to read.

there is NO narrowing gap, in fact, the gap between non M and M is growing in terms of performance. the prior generation featured the closest acceleration gap between a non M and an M car (335 to M3). This gen the m3 is quoted by BMW as being a half second faster to 60, making much more average HP over the powerband, making much more torque. Not to mention 180 lbs lighter, stiffer materials, upmarket interior with fixed back seats, more standard features etc...

I couldnt disagree with your premise more, and the facts point to you being wrong