ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastdoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitosz View Post
You guys forget the Supra was also a 3.0L I6 engine and it's tuning capabilities are endless. ECU might be the restriction with the F80, powerwise. But displacement is not the problem here.
Exactly. Glad I'm not the only one who remembers the BPU Supras and how easy it was to make big power with a 3.0 liter straight six.

Others have posted about the GT-R in this thread. My full bolt on 2012 GT-R makes 700 crank hp, or a little over 600hp at the wheels at 19psi of boost. (I had both a modded 335 and an E90 M3 previously). I think it's the perfect amount of power, and I daily drive my car. Anyway, proportionally, the M4 should be able to make 552hp at the crank with full bolt on mods (assuming the stock turbos can handle it). That would make it a fun car and I'd consider making it my DD and use the GT-R on the weekends.
I don't think anyone is claiming issues w displacement. 3.0L I6 is plenty of motor for safe tuning, my personal concern centers around the stock turbo limitations and the max power possible out of them.