12-14-2013, 05:43 PM   #18
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
i think you are very educated with cars. and do respect your view points.

but you live in Europe and maybe grew up there also. i live in and grew up in the US. we are going to have different views on what sounds good. Americans because we are more exposed to different types of cars tend to lhave different views on engines. i know in Europe its hard to get some imported cars like mustangs and corvettes. to me i love the V8 growl. its loud and mean sounding. where a (I6)V6 is ricey and soft sounding.

of course not everyone sees this view. but just wanted to make this point as i feel me and you will ever see eye to eye on exhaust sound. for that reason.
Exactly my point as well. But you made comments that seemed like everyone agreed that a V8 sounded better than a I6/V6. When in reality it's a subjective matter and depends on personal taste, cultural preferences and many other variables. Just like peoples taste in music...

Just like a 6 cyl sounds "ricey and soft" to you, so does a V8 to me, reminding me to much of a Chevy Van or a Suburban or a '80ies Trans Am... Not "mean" at all, just a lot of noise and no action

It was not a malicious comment from my side, just trying to voice that some actually prefer a different soundtrack

Last edited by Boss330; 12-14-2013 at 05:55 PM..
Appreciate 0