View Single Post
      11-20-2015, 02:09 PM   #29
JamesGames
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 550i|F82 M4|F48 X1|VA STi

Just to clear some things up...

1) One overrev, depending on the RPM you overrevved to, can destroy your motor (in response to the someone saying one over rev shouldn't do it
2) A PROPERLY working 6MT revmatch feature does not BLIP up on an UP shift. The only time it blips up is when you delay your clutch foot from coming up in time before the RPMS should've dropped below the RPM to be revmatched. I.E. going from 1-2, you shifted at 3k, you were slow with your clutch foot release in next gear, RPMS should've dropped to 500pm, but it revmatches and blips to 2k in 2nd for you to execute a smooth shift
3) The rev limiter has nothing to do with over rev cases involving a mis shift.. it is a physical misshift not a throttle induced overrev. I.E. You tried to shift from 3rd to 4th at 7500rpm in 3rd, accidentally jammed it into second and released clutch; car went to 8500-9k rpms. I don't see how you could get warranty to cover this, unless you have a SA that is extremely extremely kind.. even then.. i don't think so; to me it is no different than you crashing the car.

To the OP you need to find out if they logged an actual over rev and the RPM in order for you to fight it, or not fight it. If you money shifted and it's logged, it'll be a hard case to fight.. as with any manual car bought at any dealership / car brand.

Many people think this car should be able to take misshifts - the car is a boosted high performance motor with strict tolerances, with a set rev limiter - to think that this motor can take a misshift at redline into a lower gear blows my mind (no pun intended)

Last edited by JamesGames; 11-20-2015 at 02:27 PM..
Appreciate 1