United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 SO M4

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschooler80s View Post
Hello BMW enthusiasts,

I am relocating from USA to Germany and sending my car with me, as a enthusiast I just can't let it go.

I had some questions about registration and N/A Spec with EU spec and registrations.

Well of course, first question would be has anyone done it? and second question would be what changes has to be done?

The N/A specs have the all red tail lights and the European specs have the orange markers, so do I need to change my tail lights? or can some DIY can be done?

I have read online that the car needs to pass thru TUV, are they difficult? according to them what changes should be done? and does any one have any contacts of a reasonable TUV?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszach1 View Post
Are you coming over as Military or US Gov by chance?
This will make it easier to give advice. I didn't do this with my M4, but with my previous cars when I was stationed in Germany. I also bought a 370z over in Germany U.S. Spec. If it's for the U.S. Government/Military then you just have to meet some of the safety standards there like warning triangles, first-aid kit, and have roadside assistance (ADAC is the popular one). Then its the normal driver's license/insurance. When it comes to modifications it depends on the station you go through (if it is U.S. military/Government contracted).

The big ones I remembered that were a toss up are ride height and emission ones. A lot of people put on their stock stuff for inspection and then put on their mods after.
Appreciate 1
thurston215.00