Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 CS, X5 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
Thanks for the new link! I've been waiting for proracerstake to come back which it obviously never will. His review of the G80 echos what I've heard from a few drivers/racers I trust about the car on track.

One thing Andy might not be aware of is that the BMW * version of the PS4S developed specifically for the G8x is a *lot* different than the normal replacement market PS4S. I think it was the Tyre Reviews guy who did the comparison testing not too long ago. The G8x specific PS4S* performs more like a Cup2 240.
Yes, the G8X star spec PS4S are massively different than the generic PS4S. Tyre review found them to be ~1.5s/min lap faster than the generic ones, which is MASSIVE.

As to comparing them to the 240TW PSC2, it is more complex. From everything that I have read, the "new gen" 240TW PSC2 is actually a better track tire than the "old gen" 180TW PSC2. Which leads me to believe that 240TW PSC2 is still slightly better than the G8X spec PS4S, but that the G8X spec PS4S is likely equivalent or even better than the old 180TW star spec PSC2. [COLOR="Blue"]If I would have kept my M4cs, the G8X spec PS4S are the tire I would have installed on it[/COLOR].

BMW definitely got something right on the G8X by speccing proper tires. The OE tires on the F8X were its weak point, the OE tire on the G8X are one of its strongest assets.

I'm thinking about doing this to replace my PSS tires. Would the G8X spec PS4S front 275 tires fit on the front CS wheels and would they rub if they do fit?
Appreciate 0