IS350
IS350 to IS-F to M3 and M4
Rep
Drives: 2015 i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IS350 View Post
I'm in an M3 and every time I test drive an MX-5 (Miata) I think, I could give up the power for this lightness. The body roll isn't ideal, but for the money, it's a great car. Eager to see the new Z4/Supra, too. Oh, since we're comparing all, the Tesla Model 3 Performance is also on my list to watch, and, while we're at it, the Taycan. But yes, I think that Miata would still be fun. As a daily, could you live with the manual transmission? It feels like the only option in that car, in Club Spec.
I think jury is still out on whether to get the club package or spend the money on aftermarket parts.

You'll need to plan to modify and be realistic about how you use the car

From my experience, the closer the car is to track only usage and full competition prep, the happier you'll be. The more street usage the more chances you will curse the lack of power
I think you'll be fine, learning to handle manual, in a Miata. Traffic may be tedious.

True on mods. Then again, if primarily used for track use, lots of other options that may not require roll bars and suspension etc., out of the box.
Appreciate 0