View Single Post
      11-03-2021, 10:42 AM   #6
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp!on View Post
thanks mate for this bunch of informations !

Comparing both of them driving of course the drive of the G80 is better, the front end sticks on the street and on the F82 I had issues building up confidence (I only drove it about 40 minutes, I'm aware this takes time).
But what gave me impression was the character this car has.

I also took a look at the CS, but the lack of storage room is a thing that bothers me tbh as I will also daily the car.

Is it a big thing to add this suggested tunes on a comp ? Or is this software based?

I will make anyway my thoughts about it and I think in the end decide if it's worth losing some amount of money to maybe have more joy in the next couple of years.

p.s. I really appreciate such good posts like yours, it's not the idea to start a hate thread as in the end we're all BMW drivers...

So front end grip is easy to improve with bigger & stickier tires and some additional camber thru camber plates. In that regard BMW just did what a lot of people were doing to their F8X - run a wider front setup and add more front camber. Better damping with a CS type suspension setup also helps a lot. You can actually convert a regular M4 (comp or non comp) to CS suspension since the CS is just a mix of regular M4 suspension parts with superior electronic tuning. You’d basically need Base springs & sway bar and Comp dampers in the front with a comp rear setup (if I remember correctly) then it’s just a simple coding session to enable it. The CS suspension setup takes care of all the “nervousness” of F8X suspension - far more confidence inspiring and compliant. All my suggested tunes aren’t really tunes, rather they are the result of coding and enabling them since all the modules already exist in the car’s firmware, they just have to be switched on. If you want to add power then that’ll require a flash tune thru either a tuner or a app like Bootmod3 or MHD.

Yeah man just trying to help you make the right decision for yourself!

Edit: the other thing you can do with a CS or 19/20 setup on a regular car is run the star spec PS4S which we’ve seen has a massive impact on performance and feel on G8X
Scorp!on1511.50