04-23-2015, 10:00 AM   #97
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4TW View Post
Amen to that. I've been telling my dealership to be extra careful every time I've had them switch my tires. And thanks for the tip on the wheel hanger!!! I've been looking around for something and came up with goose eggs. Turns out "hanger" was the word I was missing.

Burgermotorsports has a handy $10 tool that I ordered. This is a link to it if anyone else is interested.

http://burgertuning.com/wheel_hanger_pin_BMW.html

I was also thinking about draping a few wet clothes on the top of the rotor to protect it during tire changes. Have you seen anyone do that?

I think one of the attractions of the CCB's is that the pads work well enough to not have to worry about different options. You can drive to the track, drive around the track and then drive home without having to do swap anything.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

This will be more attractive to some than others. It certainly is nothing to get hung up about.

yes, usually would put a nice thick towel over the rotor just to protect it. just jack up the car barely enough to slide the wheel off. on the rear wheels of the gt3rs this was a major hassle. that wheel is friggen huge! i even thought about getting some of those rolling platforms so i could just slide the giant wheel off. you get used to it.

the one thing i can say about using ceramics for 4 years was i was more methodical when prepping the car than before and thats always a positive. you just get into a pattern. thank god the M3 doesn't have centerlock wheels. god those are a pain in the ass to another level.

the pads on the M ccb's hold up to track use as well as steel i found. but really its so easy to swap pads. try RS-29's on the steel braked car and you will be amazed how they feel on a course lap after lap all day all night.

oh get two wheel hangers. especially if you ever run a spacer. makes it so much more easier.