Nativetexan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric S View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipnkraut View Post
Every new car needs decon and paint correction. It doesn't matter if you drove a brand new car straight to a detailer to install PPF or a coating, it's going to need decontamination and paint correction. Any detailer that would tell you otherwise is a bad detailer in my opinion.

Check out this video from Larry. He was brought a brand new Porsche GT3 RS and the paint was terrible.

While I agree with you, some people just want the easy cleaning of the car a coating offers. They dont care about corrected paint. Like we did a guys kia sonata. He didnt want it polished (didnt want to spend the money) so we offered the wash, clay, decon, wash, coat service. Exactly what he wanted. Had it been up to me alone, then I would have 2 stepped the car and then coated it. But, its not my car, and not my money!

He was happy and sends us business still a year later as the car still looks great to him.
The more I've read online about these coatings, the more I've realized personally that I'll be doing my car this exact same way. I just want it easier to clean, so a good wash, clay, wash, coat is enough in my book to do once or twice a year.
Appreciate 0