View Single Post
      12-11-2013, 04:57 PM   #378
Justin*
Private
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW M3

I don't know about the kia vs BMW debate. My wife and I just recently bought her e60 535i. We were replacing an 04 Nissan Maxima that could be described as beautiful junk. Anyway, we looked at the Top of the line Kia Optima and Sorento. They were nice enough; and she liked them, but they weren't in the same league as the BMW in terms of comfort and performance. She loved the e60; so that is what came home. Plus the newer Kia cost more than the e60. Of course, these are just my opinions. I know I've said this at least once before. I think that looking at two cars subjectively with the prospect of buying each while having no real experience with either is a huge factor vs owning a particular vehicle for years and then changing. Living with something day in and day out; people get the itch, need, desire (whatever for change). We'd never owned any of the said cars before. Therefore, we didn't go in with any negatives or things that had been bugging us of either car to compare to the other. I think this makes a difference.

Now that we've had the e60 for a little while; the only thing I can really think of is the damn cup holder placement in that car. Oh well, at least they fixed that on the F10