06-19-2021, 04:12 PM   #99
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscan View Post
Thanks for the response. I wonder how BMWFS by-pass the dealers. Other brands say you have to buy your lease through a dealer due to a FL law.
Audi Financial Services told me I had to go through a dealer because they were not a FL dealer back in 2013. Then dealers wanted to charge me more than residual + a fee to buy it out, which is how I ended up with my first M4 - I was so pissed at Audi. I didn’t have that issue with BMWFS. Just filled out the paperwork from the website and sent it in with the check. That said, I didn’t finance it so maybe that’s were it gets trickier because I originally considered financing it and when I called BMWFS they suggested I go see a dealer.

The real question is how are manufacturer financial captives allowed to enter into a contract with a consumer that contains a buyout option at a fixed price if they are unable to legally fulfill those terms? To me, it’s absurd to require a consumer to pay anything to a dealer to buy a car they already have a contractual right to purchase at a set price. I was able to originally lease my current car through a dealer in CA and people buy cars out of state all the time. So ridiculous to me buying out a lease should be different.