View Single Post
      11-08-2013, 09:00 AM   #72
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
BMW has increased HP and Torque with the new model, HP only slightly (just over 2%) but Torque is increased by at least 25%

Of course there is potential to increase HP even more. But I assume that, just like with LCI upgrades, BMW also wants to keep some goodies reserved for the future and future models.

And if you want a car that is more than just a drag racer, one that has a balanced drive, the question is if 500hp in a 3450lbs RWD car is the preferred option...
right, we all understand that. yet it STILL makes less power than the outgoing c63 amg and RS5.

the m3 will still be the car that I will likely prefer to drive over the competiton, but the excuse that "id rather have less weight than more power" makes no sense to me. there is NO reason that the car cant weigh less and have more HP to be more competitive with the other cars in its segment.

personally, I am a little disappointed in only 430 HP in this car. The car should have been developed making more power, and the engine likely should have been larger than 3.0L in order to do so less stressfully and more reliably in my opinion. i also don't agree whatsoever that a car having more power makes it less balanced. you just need to be more wary of throttle application when turning / coming out of turns.

still, the car will be great I am sure.

and id prefer to be responsible for modulating the power and traction with a more powerful car, I don't need BMW to make it have less power so it grips better, that's pretty much BS.

JMO