View Single Post
      12-14-2013, 08:38 PM   #105
basscadet
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLight View Post
the 335i was not designed to run reliably at 450hp. The 450hp is reached by exceeding the margins the factory thought prudent.
And the same philosophy went into designing the S55, therefore it will have the same percentages for margin when stock.
It will have even less margins as BMW has expectations that this car will see track duty (heat!) and they have maximized the output as much as they can while keeping the car reliable.

Looking at the history of M3s, I think all of them came to market pretty much tweaked as much as you could possibly expect.

Compare this with the AMG C63 engine which basically burps out 50 whp with a tune alone...which is incredible for a NA engine.

My point: BMW squeaks by with the bare minimum. We're beat over the head constantly with their "handling" and "chassis" to make up for the lack of "crude power". How about this, guys? GIVE US BOTH. Or at least, do what Mercedes and Audi do and give us the option (Black series, RS series) of putting TRUE hot hi-po engines in your cars.
Appreciate 0