trendy26
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by _robert_ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by trendy26 View Post
You have wayyy too much time on your hands! Although I do commend your analysis.

Years down the road, the two letters "CS" will command much more of a premium than a Manual "Regular" Competition model. It's all about limited production of which 5,400 Manual units is not limited in the least bit.

I myself am a fan of manual transmissions, as it's all I ever drove until I got the CS. After having the CS, I'll never go back to a regular M4. I did have a '17 M4 Manual, and it just doesn't compare to the CS in any kind of way....

Cars like old school Acura Integra Type R and Acura NSX are collectible cars. The Base and Competition F8X's will never reach that level of collectibility. EVER!
As everything in life, time will tell M3s will always be the underdog in collecting, even as a CS or GTS - compared to Porsche GT3s or other hot cars. You could tell when they can't move the car at MSRP. If I had the money I would be buying Porsche as a collector, or identify under-appreciated vintage. And yes, I have a lot of time at 25

Just curious, how is everyones M3CS or M4 doing on depreciation? So far my 6MT M3 depreciated 17% after 27,000 miles and 3 years of ownership.
Were the CS's overpriced? Yes indeed. Yet what you have to realize is that the majority of us got roughly $30K off MSRP, or rather similar to what a lot were paying for their Competition Model. So putting it apples to apples, the CS owners already absorbed the majority of the depreciation the day they purchased the car. I can tell you that the CS on Average will sell for atleast $10-15K more in the used market. That, and with how limited they are, the disparity in value between a CS and Competition Model will continue to grow as the cars age.

Sorry bud, the CS was the much better buy in this case. Enjoy your cloth seats!
Appreciate 0