View Single Post
      07-09-2021, 12:17 PM   #4
bletour
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP 6Spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeldoo View Post
How did you find the playfulness aspect?

Is the GT350 full of character, is it toss able, does it want to get you in trouble?

Also a big one for me is throttle response, and overall chassis.

Which felt like the race car to you?
The GT350 certainly feels bigger/heavier but it didn't seem to lack for grip. It certainly wants to get you in trouble because there is plenty of power to break the back end loose. It even stepped out some on a hard 2-3rd shift. With my M3 I need to turn it up to sport+ and turn off traction control to get anything like that. With the GT350.. it is just there all the time provided you are over 3000RPM.

On the flip side, the M3, even with EDC in comfort is firmer feeling overall. The magnetic ride on the GT350 really makes the bumps/impacts disappear. Now my f80 has the Comp pack so I have the 20" rims which certainly make the ride even firmer with the low sidewall.

I didn't really get a chance to push it super hard.. so I can't really tell you what it feels like at say >80%.

I totally agree with the other response saying you sit higher and the car just feels bigger with the long hood. Feels like a muscle car/corvette vs the M3 feeling like a more pure sports car... sitting lower.. feel more centered in the car and the car feels more balanced weight-wise although I didn't look at the distribution of the GT350.

The GT350 is a heck of a car. If I was able to push it harder I suspect it would be quite capable but probably in more of a "muscle it around the track" sort of way but I didn't really get to prove that.

Which one feels more 'race car'... probably the GT350 because it is ALWAYS turned up to 11.... the M3 can be moderately docile but the GT350 has no mellow settings... it is always waiting to jump out there and cause trouble.

--Bill

Last edited by bletour; 07-09-2021 at 12:38 PM..
Appreciate 0