Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCX5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
, but I'm also a bear when it comes to FSD, autonomous driving, etc and wouldn't use them. Also, there's no Tesla I'd consider, but then I don't need a daily driver for family duty short hops - if I did a model Y seems like the right buy vs a mini-van.
Haha yea, it really should be marketed as "distance maintaining cruise control with lane centering assist"

If you keep the capability limits in mind and have a commute with traffic on marked roads, it's super helpful.

Keep waiting as long as it takes to get yourself comfortable. the tech will get better and better and more manuf will pile in and boundaries will be pushed, for our (consumer) benefit.

And in meantime get some of the super powered gas cars and trucks while they exist
Tesla's standard auto pilot is pretty good without FSD. We don't have FSD. From my experience the Tesla's standard Auto pilot is as good if not better than BMW's TJA etc. It works at all speeds and is much smoother. IMHO.

FSD is very much a beta for early adopters.
Yes the full auto pilot is currently not worth it, I still don't trust auto lane change during navigation unless it's a fairly empty highway and when it takes interchanges, it's super slow (it's been improving on that though). And don't even get me started on smart summon (which sucks).
20 Tesla Model 3
23 Audi R8 (on order, never came )
Appreciate 0