View Single Post
      08-11-2021, 08:24 AM   #1312
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRiderAaron View Post
. It works great sometimes but a lot of times it's doesn't. I honestly cringe when people are behind me tail-gating because you never know when these cars will slam on the brakes. I've only put 1.6k miles on it so far so hopefully I can continue to adapt my driving style to better utilize the systems.
Congrats on your new car man. My $0.02, don’t trust FSD or AP until you have seen it perform on the same road at different times of the day. I always have both hands on the wheel and my feet covering the brake when using those systems in a new situation.

It’s been over 58k mile with my car and the driver assist has been a huge help on long freeway trips, and I’ve gotten use to where I need to take over on my usual around town spots.

All that being said, YOU never know when your car will slam on the brakes but for me I know it’s when there is a shadow across the road (like driving into an underpass), an upcoming road merge, a car moving erratically within its lane in front of me, a large semi truck or bus. Especially when there is no car in front of me for the computer to mimic.

Hopefully FSD will become truly autonomous level 5 before you get to that level of “workaround knowledge” but guess we’ll see
Appreciate 0