09-26-2020, 09:07 PM   #64
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
I've only made one post over there in the last few months which is probably why I haven't been banned. When the first spy shots were leaked I was ruthless in my criticism in that forum but so were a lot of people. The one thing that drove me crazy, and away from that forum, was one member who was very active in this forum that started to become an over-the-top cheerleader for the new grill. I finally just blocked him because I got tired of his sycophantic sucking up to the G80. I'm pretty sure that most people here will know who I'm talking about. I even posted that I had blocked him and why.

Apparently this censorship is a new unwritten "rule" since the official release. It's too bad that the mods feel they need to have such a heavy hand to stem what seems to be overwhelming dislike for the new design. I've also seen a high percentage of dislike in a number of different Facebook posts on multiple pages. I'm not sure what the mods hope to accomplish by blind censorship, it won't change people's minds, it just silences their voice in one tiny little part of the Internet.

The one recent post that I did make there was in a thread where people were posting links to video reviews of the G80. One video was by Schmee. I posted "Not Schmee! Anyone but Schmee!" Apparently criticism of Schmee is OK and that post got 14 likes!

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=13
That's pretty much what I mean.

We here at BP are still a small group of an overall whole. I have seen Instagram comments as well as YT comments. The general reception so far is, most do not like the design and is comparing it to a beaver, like a lot of us here are already doing. While at other videos of cars like the E63 S LCI face lift, compare the shark like looks of that Benz to the "ugly Beaver" that is the G80/G82. This has been the first time in a very long time I have seen people bash BMW so much for their styling. Yes, the F-generation cars was very subtle but no one called them ugly because they weren't.

Some do like the design because it's "aggressive" but seemly ignore the fact that the amount of modding you need to do, to make the car passable is hilariously high. Most of the modding I seen pretty much extends the bottom lip so the the nose doesn't feel nearly as big in comparison, but that's barely any change. A F8x, regardless of it's the M3 or M4 siblings or the younger sister car M2, do not need any sort of cosmetic change. We do it because are love to punish ourselves.

Regardless of the performance numbers, we know it will be very good. The F9x M5, M8, X3M Comp etc all shown this with their AWD system. But because of all of this change, this is no longer really even a BMW to most of us.
CanAutM321116.50
minn1914037.50
DDD311649.00
GrussGott18183.50
SD ///M42992.00
MFNATIK3498.00