Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krish_1 View Post
Hi all, my F80 lease ends mid June, and while I'd usually trade it in for a new M3, the new generation does not appeal to me, nobody nose why. So while I figure out what to get next, I am considering buying out my lease. I'd appreciate some input on my options:

1. Pay $2,200 to make the car CPO, gives one extra year of warranty, and it drops the APR to 1.9% for 60 mos.

2. Buy the car as-is, but the APR they're quoting is 3.9% for 60 mos.

3. Buy platinum warranty. How much does it cost?

Consider that I will most likely sell the car in a year or less while it's still under the original factory warranty. That said, I have to imagine that the car being a CPO makes it more enticing (and reassuring) to the next owner, or am I overthinking it? Thoughts/Comments?
I think 3.9% is too high right now for an auto loan, have you checked with your own bank?

IMO, I would skip CPO and jump straight to Platinum warranty. Depending on how many miles/months you want for Platinum Coverage.... range is from 4650~6350 from 1 additional year to an additional 3 years. Kinda feeling Platinum doesn't cover enough and gold is more than sufficient since it seems like Platinum covers iDrive and some interior bits. That's about it.

CPO gives you unlimited mileage if that matters to you but if you want to get the full 7 years, it's the platinum warranty ON TOP of CPO costs. So ~6350 + 2200 to get CPO with 7 year Platinum. It's stupid. So just go straight to 7 year Platinum or Gold and skip the CPO.

From 20,001 miles to 49,999 miles, the price is going to be the same. It's 1K cheaper under if you're under 20,000 miles.

You definitely want at least Gold since that'll cover things like gaskets and in case if you have a leaking Valve Cover Gasket or Differential Gasket. Price different between gold and plat at 7 years/100K is only 750 though.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I am using 100K mileage pricing. If you don't drive your car often, there is also a 75K max mileage option.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension

Last edited by N1rve; 05-24-2021 at 12:37 PM.. Reason: Adding Detail
Appreciate 2
Krish_1116.00
c0nrad93.00