12-23-2021, 12:04 PM   #16
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsopoulos View Post
Most of the cost does seem to come from the Injector Dynamics filter housing. It's a $300 unit. And quality AN fittings/hoses aren't cheap either.

Not too mention the cost of their manufacturing/overhead costs.

Their full ultimate kit sells for $1k plus and it seems many people have been more than willing to spend that.

It's certainly not a "cheap" option but I wouldn't say it's over priced…like many other M products we see on here lol.

I would say that the new BM3 Flex Fuel kit shouldn't be $600 but I bought one so I can't be that upset about it haha.

But like you said to each their own!
Lol I was considering the same flex fuel kit even though I’ve been running E85 custom tune for nearly two years with zero issues and no additional filtering. Programming, electronics and integration into the vehicle canbus take money so at $600 it seemed a steal to me. This is metal and hoses. Again, you’re right cause you’ve multiple companies changing markup. Not crapping on this at all, glad it’s here and you’re right many products are not “cheap” for our cars. I’m simply commenting the markup on this unit is more than most.
Appreciate 1