pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
If the hubs are farther outboard relative to the edge of the fender than the E9x, then a higher positive offset doesn't necessarily translate to a less aggressive setup. Obviously a lower offset AND a wider hub stance would me more aggressive still, but offsets by themselves aren't evidence of a more conservative setup relative to another car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
Why?

With a +40mm offset on the rears you have much more possibility to go to a more concave +25 or lower aftermarket wheel...

A +40mm offset means that the wheel hub mounting flange is 40mm from the wheel centerline towards the outside of the wheel. A aftermarket wheel with a +25 offset means that the mounting flange has been moved 15mm further inwards towards the wheel centerline, i.e a deeper dish/more concave wheel is made possible.
these

there are a lot of people posting in this thread who do not understand wheel fitment or offsets...
Um yeah. It also depends on how much clearance you have on the fender side right? You can lower the offset the wheel itself will now get pushed more out getting closer to the fender.

And there are a bunch of other factors. Clearance to the strut, the overall width of the wheel, blah blah.

Is there 15mm clearance? Prob. But i dont consider +25 concave whatsoever are they? Especially on a bigger wheel. Look at the te37 19" +22. Then look at 18"+22. Then possibly a 20" on this car.

I couldn't imagine a 19"+25 to look concave at all. Then look at 19" +teens on other cars like a 370z.

You cant just say i want x offset because it will give more concavity on a wheel and slap it on.

How do i not understand wheel fitment?

If the f10 could be a guage what are those guys running with an 11" wheel, which i suspect ppl will be getting on the new m3/4.

19x11+30 to 40?
Appreciate 0