View Single Post
      10-14-2021, 07:48 PM   #1
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

Turner Polyurethane Rear Shifter Bushing - Review

So I finally installed this Turner Rear Shifter Bushing for the 6MT after having it sit on my shelf for ages (I even forgot about it at some point). To be blunt, the difference is barely perceptible. There "might" be a little bit more a "click" sound/feel now, but honestly, if I didn't know to look for it, I wouldn't have noticed. The one thing I did notice was the sound. The transmission whine is now more pronounced; which to me, is a bad thing.

Some of you may know my various adventures with Short Shift Kits. Right now, I have a Rogue Engineering SSK installed. It is fine. Other SSKs I've run are the UUC and CAE Ultra Shifter. Which leads me back to the transmission whine. No SSK on the planet felt better than the CAE shifter, but the reason why I went to Rogue Engineering is because the ungodly amount of transmission whine sound that the CAE shifter introduced into the cabin of the car. At first, it's really cool sounding and introduced a lot of track drama into the commute. What I didn't anticipate is how annoying it would get after a while; like your sibling constantly poking your head when you're trying to meditate. Well, this Turner Rear Shifter Bushing reintroduced a tiny bit (stress on the tiny amount) of the transmission whine but without any of the benefits of the CAE shifter. There might be some benefit, but again, it's hardly noticeable; at least not in proportion to the newly introduced whining sound -- which are both tiny.

I realize that the difference in feel may be more pronounce on a stock shifter, as the 6MT feels really sloppy/rubbery from the factory, but if you already have a SSK, it's okay to forego the Poly Rear Shifter Bushing.

My opinion.

Appreciate 4