Thread: SSOTT
View Single Post
      08-22-2018, 01:13 AM   #1463
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Got my hands on the M2 (pre-LCI w/ N55) and the F90 M5. I'll start with the M2 since it is easier. (I'll add two pics of the M5 later. I'm not fond of taking thousands of pics.)

M2's size is great. Rear seat of course is near unusable. The car definitely feels more nimble, the steering feel is also spot on. It doesn't feel a bit dead like the F80 does at times. I can see why so many people love the F87, it's a very good, small nimble car.

My only one complaint that is in the pre-LCI is actually the N55 drones a little. It only happens at certain RPMs but it's noticeably there. I don't know if this is because the car has MPE but it's most definitely there. It comes and goes since it is RPM based but it is there. I was able to pick up on it. The M2 also does spin it's rear wheels if you slam it in Sport +, maybe PS4S w/ wider width might solve it but I don't know.

This is more of a minor one but at least pre-LCI, not being able to select your settings it's obnoxious. I gotten used to switching around a bit in my F80 that not being able to in the pre-LCI M2 annoyed me :P

F90 M5...

I went into it thinking this car won't catch me off guard and to some degree it didn't but it also did. What I mean by that is, the new M5 has this way to just catch up when it comes to how fast it's going. Unlike the M2 or M3/M4, you don't feel the car going that fast until your past 65 going 3rd gear. I wasn't even able to hit 7th gear during my drive with the car. You will hit over 100 by 4th to 5th gear, that's insanity and you won't know you are going that fast either. It is insulated well enough that you won't hear most things road wise, but (I can't believe I'm saying this) the ASD helps. At least the way it's piped in helps but I would turn it off to see how much the real engine note comes in.

The ZF Auto in the M5 is good. 1st gear shift to 2nd is tad slow, this is after the car has been warmed up btw. I don't know if this is intentional or not but the delay is there. After that though things are gravy, the throttle blips up shift is really intoxicating. I loooved doing it. Wished the M-DCT is able to do that on it's up shifts. Downshifts isn't as exciting but it could be the the car insulated it enough so you don't hear that much of it. You can clearly hear the up shift blips, I love it. There is an immense amount of pull in the car and hardly any body roll. I mean you don't feel the car's nose go up a little from the acceleration. Side to side control is solid and it absorbs the road like a champ. It does have the hint of it being an extreme 5 series due to how comfortable it is. That is how I know why people gets so caught up in the car that it throws them off.

One main complaint I had was, actually the digital dash. I don't know if it is because I was not used to it, or there are too much information on the dash itself but the one major one is the gear indicator. It's a bit hidden in between the Tachometer and Speedometer. Also the 1 looks like a 7. There is also just, a lot of info splattered all over it and it takes getting used to.

That being said though, M5 is really a beast. The steering feel wasn't dead like the F30 or the F10. The steering felt way more precise but again though you don't get a lot feedback through it. Probably because of the M5 itself being what it is. The M5, hides it's weight amazingly well. I did not feel any hint of the car being over 4k lbs. This wasn't like the outgoing M6 where you definitely felt the heft of that car, you do not in the F90, most probably because of the AWD covering it.

No I didn't put it into RWD, no I didn't go hooliganning in it.
Attached Images

minn1914021.00