United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payamm3 View Post
Finally did it. Bought the activation from
kubax86.

1) ENET cable (bought from amazon)
2) Windows OS. I have Mac. Installed parallels with windows 10. It's free during trial period
3) solid internet connection. I used my iPhone as hotspot.
4) usb-c to Ethernet dongle

Once you send the money via PayPal to
kubax86 (PM him for more info), he will send you a link to download the software. It's tied to your VIN number and he said I can use it twice.

Open windows and install the software. Connect the ENET cable to your laptop and your car's obd connector. If using parallels or VMware, make sure to select connect directly to windows as opposed to bridge mode.

Once connected, click "Find Vehicle". It should find your car (will display VIN number). Click on "identify". It will try and connect to some cloud server and start downloading stuff. This takes a minute. After that click "Start" button.

The process will take a good 5 minutes. Make sure your laptop doesn't go to sleep, don't turn off your car. Just relax and watch the progress. Your entertainment unit will restart a few times, will blackout, will show blue screen, will show "No Signal" for a while and finally it will come up and you will see "Success" on the screen.

Once finished you have your full screen CarPlay.

I'm running ios13, so I have the latest greatest and it's just awesome.

See pictures for more info.

Good luck.
Are you running ios 13 beta?
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 0